Driveway & Construction Right of Way Permits

Any work in the right-of-way requires a permit, except for surface landscaping, tree planting, and irrigation systems. Any undisturbed soil must be stabilized to control erosion within 24 hours. Retaining walls require a permit if constructed in the right-of-way. Replacement of driveways to the existing width does not require a permit. If a driveway is widened without any change in the street or curbing a permit is not required. A permit is required if the street and/or curbing is proposed to be modified.  No permit is required for driveway reconstructs when the existing curb is not disturbed, but you need to adhere to the driveway standard.

Permit Documents