Storm Damage Permit Process

Storm Damage Permit Process

Permitted Hours of Construction

Permitted hours of construction are  7AM to 10PM.  To report violations, please call the non-emergency police phone number at 763-427-1212. 

Building Permitting and Requirements 

Permits are required for construction projects such as re-roofing, re-siding, new windows/doors, skylight replacement, and deck repair. In addition, it is recommended to do research before hiring a contractor. Please see the following links for contractor consumer tips, and related applications and handouts for construction projects.

QUESTION:  For partial re-siding of an older home is a water resistive barrier required such as house wrap?

ANSWER:  Yes all homes and attached garages require a water resistive barrier under replaced siding regardless of when the home was built. New water resistive barrier is required when any complete portions or sides of siding material (top to bottom of wall) is replaced. Existing water resistive barrier must be removed and replaced in these areas only.  Existing siding that will remain in place can remain as is.